Sunday, December 9, 2007

Juan Montoya visits


Some time ago I met world reknown designer Juan Montoya when he was guest speaker at an antiques show I was exhibiting at in Washington, Connecticut. I was honored that he purchased some items from me for his own home. He purchased a huge water wheel from South India (which was featured in Architectural Digest in a spread of his summer home), and a low music table. Some time during the show he had told me he'd love to see my shop and to my surprise he came within a few weeks. My feature in Architectural Digest is thanks to Juan Montoya, a true gentleman, and a man with an ever present smile and sharp wit. Although his projects usually entail multimillion dollar budgets, he is always willing to help small shops and promote small business all over the world. I'll be eternally grateful and continually encouraged by his patronage.

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome! It's like Giorgio Armani buying a suit you designed or Wolfgang Puck eating at your restaurant.

    ReplyDelete