Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hamptons Cottages and Gardens - Sinotique



One of the reasons I love exhibiting at the Bridgehampton Antiques show is because I get to meet so many interesting people, including designers, stars, and local residents. I met Doug and Lon at The Bridgehampton Antiques show during the summer of '06, shortly after they built their home in the Hamptons. They bought this daybed from me. I had worked on the surface for weeks, applying "butterfly" joints to stabilize two large cracks in it, the butterfly joints were one of the most appealing features to them. I polished the surface to a satin smooth finish. The wood is African ironwood. The base was inspired by Japanese joinery and I think the marriage of the African hand carved slab and the solid American Oak base looked great together.
I'm honored to have it featured in a double page spread in HC&G, their photography is always so beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment