Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What's in the Sinotique Showroom anyway?





I'm often asked "what's in your showroom in Brooklyn?" I reply more often then not "all the things that can't fit in the store in Manhattan", only half joking that is. There are a great number of items that I can't physically move into my store and in those instances I show them off in the 2nd floor of 70 John St.
The showroom at 70 John is over 2000 sq. ft. with high ceilings and no columns, a rare space indeed even in once-industrial DUMBO.
Here's a sample of some of the items I love that are in my showroom at 70 John:
18th century stone carvings of LoHan figures from Chong Qing, China
solid cherrywood burl vessel handcarved from a solid tree trunk
an enormous handmade terra cotta vessel with rustic glaze from Northern Thailand.
These items are available at www.sinotique.1stdibs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment