Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Being With Flowers


Anthony Ward: Floral Sculptor:

Anthony: “I did my first workshop which I call Being With Flowers: Floral Art As Spiritual Practice at The Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, NY. That was in 2000. I was instantly addicted to teaching because of how much I learned. People who come to the workshops have a wide range of experience with Flowers. The important thing that connects us all is that we Love Flowers. Because of that we realize we are kindred spirits.”

Being With Flowers is not simply a "how to" workshop. It's an exploration of our deep relationship to - and passion for flowers and the natural world. It is open to anyone moved by the beauty of flowers and floral arrangements, but also we explore why flowers and floral arrangements continually capture and stir our imaginations. Please visit www.eomega.org to see my upcoming workshops

Ryan: What do you hope to capture within your work?
Anthony: “I’m not really trying to capture anything, the flowers are capturing me and I just hope to honor the flowers with nature and to give the flowers a new home. I also work with what’s available during the season and within the current environment I inhabit”

Much of Anthony's work is done on the East and West Coasts of the US, although he is happy to share his work wherever possible. He has a Studio in New York City and San Francisco.

Passionflora Floral Art
c/o Spirit NY
530 West 27th Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10001
Phone: 212.539.2671 or
email info@beingwithflowers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment